1. Dortmund- a son of Big Brown, Baffert's got a good one. He won the Robert Lewis in a tough battle vs. Firing Line. It was a hard race so Baffert will likely wait til the Santa Anita Derby for the colt's next start.
2. American Pharoah- Baffert is loaded on the Derby road. This colt has been working well for his 2015 debut, which will be either the San Felipe or the Rebel.
3. Carpe Diem - Todd Pletcher is loaded as well, with a strong hand for the first Saturday in May. The colt is on that 2-race schedule, which I'm not crazy about. His first start will likely be the Tampa Bay Derby.
4. Firing Line- Has had 2 gutsy second place efforts in back of Dortmund. Hopefully, they didn't take the starch out of him. His next start could be the Sunland Derby in a month.
5. Upstart- He dips down one spot from our first list. His Fountain of Youth DQ was a tough beat as he would've been a solid winner had he kept a straight course. Sounds like he might end up next at Aqueduct for the Wood.
6. International Star- wasn't on our first top 10, but gotta give him credit after a professional win in the Risen Star. He's getting better .
7. Itsaknockout- another newcomer to our rankings, but now this Pletcher runner is 3 -for-3 after getting bumped up to first in the Fountain of Youth. Promising.
8. Texas Red- He has a foot issue to deal with and it's flat out bad timing along the road to the Derby.
9. Ocean Knight- Quick -learner on the Derby trail. His next race could be the Gotham or Tampa Bay Derby.
10. Far From Over- Will Pletcher send him to the Gotham or wait til the Wood? The colt's Withers victory was an eye-opener.