There are only days left to prepare for the return to school and there is so much to be done! From buying school supplies, clothes, cleaning out closets, planning for meals and organizing schedules, the tasks can be overwhelming!
Take it one step at a time and your transition back-to-school will be easy peasy! Follow a few of these tips for back-to-school bliss:
1. Shift sleeping schedules to allow the body to get used to the new schedule.
2. Clean out closets & study areas to make it easier to find items and provide an inviting place to work.
3. Create a checklist of things you will need: supplies, clothes, to do.
4. Create a household master calendar and place it for everyone to see in the Kitchen. The schedule should include all sports events & practices, days off, holidays, etc.
5. Purchase colorful binders & folders in different colors for each subject.
6. Label all items for school with cute labels.
7. Get papers in order for vaccines, health forms, sports forms.
8. Get the physical exam out of the way.
9. Create a filing system for papers "To be Signed", "From School" and "To School"
10. Do a morning routine run-through.
11. Plan meals ahead of time for breakfast & lunch with healthy, nutritious choices!
12. Prepare the day ahead. Lay out 5 days worth of clothes.
13. Teach your child to use a daily planner. Set a routine to check it daily.
14. Set your clocks ahead 10-15 minutes, just in case!
To keep your kids on task, be sure to keep everything organized and clean to provide them the best atmosphere for continued learning. Clean out & clean up weekly. Do homework as soon as your child gets in in the same designated space. Provide healthy snacks during homework times. Avoid overload. Teach your child to write everything down.
When you create the right environment a child will thrive!