Forecastle kicks off tomorrow and lasts through Sunday at Waterfront Park. With the impending rain, the timing and amount will have a huge impact on those out at the festival. If you're headed out there, here are some ideas to keep you ahead of the weather...
1. Bring a poncho. No umbrellas allowed.
2. Wear shoes that can get really muddy... like rainboots or cowboy boots. The ground will be saturated by the time the gates open at 5pm on Friday.
3. This one's for the girls... waterproof mascara. Expect it to rain at some point during the day... not all day though.
4. Bring a tarp or plastic sheet to put under the blanket.
5. Put your cell in a plastic ziplock bag. You don't want it to stop working if it gets wet.
5pm-9pm: 60% chance
9pm-12am: 50% chance
Friday notes: This will be the day with the heaviest rain and coolest temperatures. Most of the time during the festival, temperatures will be in the 70s.
3pm-7pm: 60% chance
7pm-12am: 40% chance
Saturday notes: We could still see some storms on Saturday, but they are not expected to be severe with damaging winds, thankfully. Temperatures will be a little warmer with highs in the mid 80s.
3pm-6pm: 40% chance
6pm-11pm: 20% chance
Sunday's notes: This day will have the lightest rain and the best chance to stay dry. Temperatures will be a bit warmer on Sunday as well with highs in the upper 80s.