Have you see nthe WAVE 3 Storm Tracking Team's latest tool?
The network of weather cameras, sponsored by Fifth Third Bank, have been going up since the Olympics started. We have five installed now and hope to have three more up by the end of the month.
Here are the locations
Corydon, Indiana- with views of the western sky, downtown Corydon, the Old Capitol building, Beaver Street and surrounding trees.
Papa John's Caridnal Stadium - with views of the western sky, Jim Patterson Field, Churchill Downs, Downtown Louisville and surrounding areas.
Starlight, Indiana - with views from Huber's Orchard & Winery overlooking the ponds, vineyard, tree farm, flag and western sky.
Jeffersonville, IN- atop the Sheraton Hotel with a great view of downtown Louisville. This camera can see both the Kennedy & Clark Memorial Bridges, the Great Lawn and when turned to the west a view of the water tower at Kye's and the Colgate Clock are visible.
Oldham County, KY - attached to the tallest structure in the state of Kentucky this camera sits on the old WAVE 3 broadcast tower near LaGrange. Views of the countryside are spectacular and the fall color should stand out on this camera.
COMING SOON - a web page on WAVE3.com with streaming video from each camera. You'll be able to check them out whenever you want!
WAVE 3 DAY
Yesterday (Saturday) was WAVE 3 Day at the State Fair. It was great to meet so many wonderful people. We always look forward to it each year. We appreciate your loyalty and support. I know many of you had to wait in long lines to get into the fair, but hopefully it was worth it.
I was out at the fair early this morning (in for Brian). Really the only folks up at that hour are the farmers and their livestock. I met a lot of great folks! It's a tough competition that brings people in from surrounding states... to win at the Kentucky State Fair is a big deal!
I was having a great day until I realized the cows spend more time getting ready for the day than me.
This is what getting up at midnight to bathe the livestock will do... by 8AM you're so tired you'll sleep anywhere (that's about how I feel right now).
An upper level disturbance will move across the region this afternoon. While I feel like 99.8% of the area will stay dry there's still a chance that 0.2% that may see a brief shower - so I've included a 10% shower chance in the forecast today. Otherwise, partly sunny skies with highs in the lower 80s will
be the general rule of thumb for the next few days.
There's no big chance for rain in the next 7 days. The best chance will be about a week away and it still doesn't look all that promising!