After going down in the record books as the hottest July in Louisville, August isn't starting out much better with highs soaring to the mid 90s this afternoon. We did see some storms yesterday for a few areas, but our next chance of rain will not be until the weekend. Even though we've seen some rainfall over the past couple weeks, we could really use some more good drenching rains.
We will have a 30% chance of storms late on Friday, 40% chance on Saturday and a 60% chance on Sunday as a cold front moves through. We are going to keep a close eye on Sunday for the potential for severe weather associated with the frontal passage. Here's the 5 day forecasted rain total showing that our area may receive about a half inch or so of rain through the weekend.